Communitythreads

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Concert Highlights

The wheels are always turning direction, mood and action. I've been thinking about the following but didn't have energy to write and ground them. For reasons unknown to me I have energy today. This is where conscious "intention" doesn't reign. This is where and how the Sacred Feminine radiates in my world. She is behind my expression. She is my foundation.

Some highlights from the peace concert. "Highlight" doesn't always mean the positive and glowing. Sometimes "highlight" means awkward moments:

  • Being told that I had to learn a song "now" to lead the peace dove parade and a Dance of Universal Peace. I froze up at this demand. I am not wired to reiterate words on demand. I never did learn the lyrics. Everyone has their own space and style. This experience reminds me to watch if I am demanding of others. It also reminds me of a partner who told me I could memorize something if I tried. Yeah, just like he could have visions if he tried. Am I sensitive about this? Yes. Good to know that about myself.
  • I had to learn the "dance steps" of handing a person their raffle ticket and putting the other half into a basket. All the while talking. I lacked coordination between head, mouth, and hands. I had to find a rhythm to this and said so out loud which helped.
  • Drumming and leading the dove parade was also awkward. Is it lack of experience? Is it lack of head, body, hand coordination? What does it take to get into a "groove - a rhythm?"

All this attention to awkwardness might seem self-absorbing. For me it's about being conscious of body and becoming more aware of oneself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home