Communitythreads

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How Deep?

My new Native American friend sent just sent me this from his church Center for Spiritual Living:

CSL's Weekly Spiritual Practice

How Deep Are Your Roots?

At the time of this writing I am concerned about the nation’s economy. Last night I heard about another major Wall Street institution narrowly missing imploding on itself. That would have been the 2nd in 2 weeks. The commentators called it a near miss with an economic atom bomb. Whew!

I seldom write about current events in this email but I want to share what I went through because it might help others. My first thoughts went to all of us invested in the Stock Market. That includes pension funds, 401Ks and individual investments. Stock holders and most Americans with any kind of retirement plan are taking huge losses in times like these. I went to bed with a head full of concerns and worries. Then sometime in the middle of the night I woke up singing a song by Eddie Watkins, “God is All There is.” And this morning I’m cheerful again. God is all there is! The surface will change! Stuff happens! But deep inside me, I am firmly established in the consistent Goodness of God and I will live from there!

In trying and troublesome times we find out where our consciousness is rooted: the ways of the world, or of Spirit. We also find out how deep the roots go. Shallow roots won’t hold us up; deep roots will withstand anything.

This week – check your root system.


Much love,


Dr. Kathianne Lewis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home