Communitythreads

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Busy Bee

The book Shamanic Way of the Bee is a fascinating story and having an impact on me. I went to PCC and bought bee pollen -- imagine ingesting wildflower food from Washington and British Columbia. I wonder what effect it will have on my system.

I feel like a busy bee today as I reach out to Native Tribes and Boys and Girls Clubs in WA State. Teaching my Circle of Life class is pollinating Native values in a large garden and is exactly the work that I want to do. Native feminine values need to be woven and rewoven into our culture.

Here is a poem that initiates my class:

Circles

Everything an Indian does is in a circle,
and that is because the Power of the World
always works in circles and everything
tries to be round.

The sky is round
and the earth is round like a ball
and so are all the stars.

The wind, in its greatest power, whirls.
Birds make their nests in circles,
for theirs is the same religion as ours.

The sun comes forth and goes down again in a circle.
The moon does the same, and both are round.

Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing,
and always come back again to where they were.

The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood,
and so it is in eveything where power moves.

~ Black Elk, Black Elk Speaks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home