Communitythreads

Monday, June 14, 2010

Be Still

Islands are enchanting with a slower pace and more green space. Vashon Island is beautiful and my books are available there now at Intuitive Arts. I will teach a class there this fall.

I experience a deep sense of contentment and joy at Dana's outdoor concerts. It's a full circle communion.

I noticed some personal behavior that was "sticky" and I looked at the emotion behind it. I realized I needed to let go. As a result I had more range of motion and emotion! And as a result what I had let go of came back at a new and more rounded/full level. Magic!

The pain in my shoulder spread down my arm. Acupuncturists said it's a muscle. I've slowed down...but not enough. I'm resorting to a heating pad so I can sleep at night. Last night I took a couple of doses of tincture thinking the vodka would help...it did.

I learned that there are different kinds of chi. The chi my acupuncturists referred to had to do with relationship between chi and blood....chi helps carry the blood. When I push myself I can feel the grinding in my body and this created my injury. I have to have a more intentional relationship with chi. I feel this life force in my body and know better than to go to the extreme of injuring myself. Today I sat in meditation...something I still resist. I'd rather be on the move getting work done. Immediately I felt a plugging into chi. This must take a new priority in my life.

More rest and less action. What a concept!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home