Communitythreads

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Heart and Blood

Something shifted in my right shoulder earlier today and a tightness lifted. That does not mean that I can go back to my old fast-pace. My Bastyr U friend suggested arnica. Bastyr U Bookstore manager liked my book and will carry it as well as post it on their website. It means so much to me when others connect with my book.

The other morning I woke up to see image of an Indian head dress with full range of feathers. I looke for the face wearing it...and saw a familiar elder. The next morning I woke up to the face of the Dalai Lama. So many images ebbing and flowing through consciousness.

Am I pushing the envelope? I am asking United Indians of All Tribes if I can be a vendor at their yearly pow wow. As a non-native I'm not sure I will be permitted. I say that I am native in heart...not blood. But I wonder what's the difference? It would be nice if all of us who love Earth and Her natural forces can be together in ceremoney and celebration. All of us who share Her heart and blood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home