Communitythreads

Monday, May 14, 2012

Walk About Joe

Why fix something that isn't broken? Now I have to enter HTML tags?

I awoke the other morning looking down at white feet and black leggings. They didn't seem to be mine. Then I sensed/saw a hand moving as if stirring a pot. Then another aboriginal face...this one older and familiar. I pulled folks together for a Walk About to Save Our Park Wdnesday. No doubt aboriginal influence as it came to me in a snap. No doubt forests provide songlines for Mother Earth.

I shared with someone my intention of leading people on the Walk About with drum and in silence. His response was that the walk in the park didn't need leaders, mysticism or silence. I responded that is what I will contribute and am not attached to any outcome. For awhile I was sensing that I could not attend this event without my drum...but doubts creep in. I will know in that moment.

Oh...I asked his name: "Joe" Maybe Joe and I will do our own Walk About!

I am no longer connecting the same dots and am dis-engaging from community networking/organizing. Tthe less I have scheduled the better. I am happiest now spending time with family, friends and my gardens. It's a very simple way to live. My brain/body is happiest without the pressure. It's negative space.

The 75-year old man I care take reminds me of -- for several reasons -- King Tut. I feel a rapport with him and find myself teaching him new outlooks on life. He does tell me that what I say is helpful. And yet when his son is around he goes back into his negative patterns. He spoke to me rudely the other day and I told him not to talk to me that way. He said I better be careful or I might get fired. I told him he better be careful or I might quit. He apologized as I left. It's a different kind of connecting the dots! Much more personal and heart to heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home