Communitythreads

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Naming and Claiming Light

My new Native American friend is easy to be with. He's like a warm fire without any sparks. I am comfortable with him. We talk easily. He's teaching me about his church family at Center for Spiritual Living. I'm teaching him about my church of Goddess and Nature. His culture was taken from him as a child and Christianity and Catholicism shoved in. Five years ago was the first time he claimed to be Indian. Last night after dinner he was talking about Jesus Christ and looks directly at me saying, "I see the Christ in you." He then comments, "Doesn't Christ mean Light?" This was a direct hit...it went to my soul and sort of spun me around in a sweet and gentle way. I had been seen, heard and recognized in a very pure way...through a man's bouncing reflection. The feeling reminded me of Jesus' disciples. In this new paradigm some of us are being called forward as disciples of light...a collective body. The definition of disciple needs to be expanded as we are now in a new dimension that contains more collective spiritual light. Maybe we need a new word. I used the word "catalyst" as I was talking with our CEO the other day. I like that word.

That experience with my friend was another one of piercing my stake/sword into the earth and claiming holy ground. This time the catalyst was a male friend.

Disciple definition:

1: one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another: as a: one of the twelve in the inner circle of Christ's followers according to the Gospel accounts b: a convinced adherent of a school or individual

2capitalized : a member of the Disciples of Christ founded in the United States in 1809 that holds the Bible alone to be the rule of faith and practice, usually baptizes by immersion, and has a congregational polity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home