Communitythreads

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Senses as Food

Here at my new office, the public library, I notice the quote on my binder:

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within. ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Senses are like teeth on a gear or wheel. They face outward and bite into information. These receptors then face inward to feed ones' emotional field through the many systems of glands, nerves, blood, etc.

My senses don't want to text, twitter, do facebook or sit at a computer all day. They prefer to hear a live voice, see a face eye to eye, smell the trees, touch the soil, etc.

My senses feed me and feed my relationships. I am much happier/healthier in this knowing and being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home