Communitythreads

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Muscle In Motion

Drifting without a compass; without points of orientation; without North Star. I am in transition. I listen to heart and steer accordingly. Drawn to Native American community I schedule Circle of Life Mapping at United Indians of All Tribes Youth Home and with Elders.

I cannot charge a fee for my class unless I want it deducted from weekly benefits. So, I make connections. I now apply for an extension of benefits and may get another 33 weeks to find new ground.

I saw a TV program regarding the 2003 Muckleshoot Canoe Journey. The captain was a man I worked with years ago. He helped me with a Protecting Sacred Sites event. The canoe needed a name and they weren't receiving one. One man said that the tribe had a lot of money but that could not get them a name for their canoe. As they waited an Eagle flew in...thus the name: Eagle Spirit. On the journey people kept getting songs and they would sing. I so relate to these people who ride the waves of Spirit.

I notice that I don't need to get into nature now that I'm unemployed. Nature is not as separate. It's as if I Am elements. And yet when I took my g-kids to a wildlife park the trees were singing so loud that I had to listen. I definitely need more trees in my life! Not more social networking, not more people, but trees. I set that intention.

When I picked up my g-kids for the park they told me that they had been hitting each other. I commented, "You know that makes me very upset." I showed them my hand and told them energy comes out of our hands and they are meant for kind acts not hitting. I touched my grandson lovingly to make an impression. They both listened intently. Later that night there was hitting between two boys. I suggested they do tai chi or martial arts to use their hands differently. So many negative habit patterns controlling our muscles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home