Communitythreads

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Meditation for Brain-Body

Prayers go out to Haiti....

I awoke noticing an energy shift and that my body wanted to meditate (thanks to a webinar yesterday with David Simon at the Chopra Center) and drum. I'm not one to have an external structure around spiritual practice of meditating or drumming. I am now seeing, however, that meditation could help me balance my habitual patterns around sweets/carb. Meditation's way of slowing me down internally is key to being centered at all levels of expression. My intention is to include it in my daily routine...whenever I need to center. Breathing was the song of my meditation. My cells need the oxygen! Have I been here before and said this before? Amazing how patient the universe is with us in our evolution of consciousness.

The morning meditation was so sweet -- nourishing! My brain needs the shamanic drum beat -- not to journey I discover -- but to be in my brain/body in a centered way. What I got is that it helps connect brain to body. During the meditation I noticed a singing vibration at the bridge of my nose. It was like a shelf...a boundary of sorts. What that represents will reveal itself. I listen and watch.

As I was getting up from the meditation I reached out to my Fica tree next to me. My right hand picked up an electric charge. The tree had received my conscious acknowledgement and was returning her energy to me!

I put on some emerald jewelry my x-husband had bought me years ago. I thought of him in and felt love in spite of the dysfunction we experienced. I turned his direction and thanked him for the love we shared and continue to share. This was the first time I've connected with his spirit since his passing (if I am remembering correctly....my linear memory is not always sharp.) A couple of friends had urged me to change my last name after the divorce. I didn't because I was not guided in that direction from within. Now, I announce my first name with his last name over radio waves. It's good to be at peace with one's name!

My spirit name comes in and wants to be acknowledged as this is yet another identity: Yellow Turtle Spirt in Laughing Waters. Another name -- another chapter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home