Communitythreads

Monday, January 25, 2010

Sacred Space

A young woman has entered my life. Ashlee is a student at Bastyr and is bringing volunteers to the garden. She and I have a heart connection. We share similar values.

We have asked one garden volunteer not to return. He was rude and negative at the garden and toward her at school. Our garden community has boundaries based on values. Yes, it is censorship and we are the ones drawing the lines.

I love to garden with these young people who are interested in holistic medicine/nutrition. One of them wants to share his poetry for a possible radio interview. This man has a strong aura...he carries sacred space...which to me means that he is aware of energy.

Ashlee asked for more structure at the garden. For me this meant creating sacred space. Yesterday we stood in a circle and set our intention. My words revolved around harmony within, with one another and with Mother Earth's dirt under our feet. Each one contributed to the circle with their words. Afterward I felt so much respect from these young people. This is a new gift in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home