Communitythreads

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mother Nature

Another "surreal" moment when I heard the woman from the financial department of the Stillaguamish Tribe ask me what I needed to get started with my grant project. She was so supportive and said that the culture projects were the favorite part of her job.

Today driving back from Singing Feet at the Duwamish Longhouse I got that I can do my own illustrations for my Circle of Life mapping book! Now that it isn't a full color book I can do the line drawings. I actually have the energy to give it a try. It will save me a chunk of change and it will be my imagination that comes to life on the pages. I'm calling in the forces of enchantment to assist!

Amazing how it takes an earthquake for humans to look toward the elements in awe and wonder....and apprehension. It's time to renew relationship with the elemental forces which means being humble and honoring something larger than oneself and one's material possessions and ego identity. Nature is Mother of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home