Communitythreads

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Growing Local

My body told me recently...no, it demanded...that I eat an alkaline diet. I had gotten off balance again. It's amazing how good soups and salads are! I really like eating this way. One salad I love is dinosaur kale with avacado, lemon juice, sea salt and cayenne. It's as chewy as meat and leaves my solar plexus happy and light!

As I was researching healthy eating I found this in an article about Meridians:

Matter, which vibrates at a very slow frequency, is referred to as physical matter. That which vibrates at speeds exceeding light velocity is known as subtle matter. Subtle matter is as real as dense matter; its vibratory rate is simply faster. It is believed that two opposite ends of the spectrum--yin, the energy of earth and yang, the energy of heaven--combined with humans to create this vital force. I am being told/I am sensing there is another force involved. ????



I was at a Grange meeting and learned that the City Council announced an interest in annexing the remaining agriculture valley...that developers are interested in the land. I woke up this morning and wrote this article for our city paper. I have yet to define "incentives"...

Growing Local

The City of Woodinville’s Emergency Preparedness Plan must include growing local food. Why? Because we can no longer depend on factory farms to feed us due to climate change, terrorist threats, mad cow disease, and increasing costs of oil and gas.

A “growing local” food policy includes family gardens, agriculture areas, local small farms and farmers markets. A city’s emergency plan must hold this vision and support these actions so that its people will be fed in case of an emergency near or far.

What “growing local” incentives can the visionary planners of Woodinville offer its families in the Sammamish Valley so that we are prepared?

Working the land and growing local food is a labor of love that connects us with the land and with our neighbors. Growing local is good for one and good for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home