Communitythreads

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Genius of Community

The first response I am receiving from Woodinville Happiness Initiative outreach is from Andrew at Health Moves who has offered office space for showing the 9-minute KCTS/9 film on Measuring Happiness. I met Andrew at a Chamber networking breakfast.

Health Moves is a comprehensive naturopathic and acupuncture medical clinic located in Woodinville, WA. Naturopathic & Holistic medicine (Naturopathy or Natural medicine) is an alternative medicine that emphasizes the body's innate ability to heal and maintain itself. Naturopathy includes many different modalities and is a holistic approach to patient care.

This Happiness Initiative process evolves according to response from this community.

I aired my feelings (both negative and positive) at Heritage Garden meeting.  The result is an expansion of community as more parts come together.  It's amazing to watch...sort of like offering my emotions as a sacrifice to be burned in fire.  So, no relationships broken rather they are strengthened through cooperation.

Tomorrow is TW meeting that includes a Grange proposal for restructuring as we move into our 3rd year.  I am hoping relationships can be strengthened but I have no idea how that will play out.  I am only one part of the whole.

It looks like making emotional waves does have a positive effect in that it brings what is underground to the surface to look at and process.  And it does look as if it has positive outcomes.  I do believe that we are stronger together.  And I do believe in "the creative genius of community."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home