Communitythreads

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Catalysts

Received an email announcing that Dr. Steven Farmer will be speaking at the Orange County Chapter of the Mind~Body~Spirit Business Network. I find it significant that those who drum creating bridges to other realms are also beating a drum in this world of the business community. Way to go, Steven!

Feedback loops and gears were humming today at my job! Outreach creates engagement and engagement creates response and response takes on varied shapes and forms. Sounds like a crystal community. That creativity is fun to witness and receive. In my previous job I supported programs at the local level through volunteerism, inkind donations and donor support. I connected the dots creating relationships in support of the parts. My new role proves to be the same. I serve as a link providing information and inspiration that goes out into the communities via a Speaker's Bureau. I manage the response that comes back in by sharing it with others who know how to assimilate it into the larger system. And I get to train others around the state to do this as well.

A crystal community is whole system design where all parts are included and humming happily. Can this new system being birthed make it through an economic crisis? Since the success depends on grassroots interraction I say "yes!" Grassroots values are those of giving and receiving...not taking and keeping. Grassroots values and the people carrying those values are changing the face of America community by community, city by city and state by state. It's creativity and intelligence -- a new force -- on the rise, on the move.

Body wanted sweets today. What part of body I ask? I think it's mouth and not stomach. Mouth of infancy. It's as if there's a chemical troll under some bridge saying, "Where are the sweets?" I did enjoy some sweets today...with awareness...by choice. After dinner mustard was a strange substitute for sweets but that, too, is what body wanted. There are so many other tastes to enjoy besides sweet. Had a wonderful Indian lunch...and was aware not to overeat. Those buffets are divine! I am not in that frenzied vortex being pulled in many directions and am writing to keep watch. I ordered several books from the library to support me in aware eating. My logic is hungry...and kicking into gear! Logic will assist my emotion in aware eating. Fear is a factor...fear of being hungry. I remember the age regression I did and living during the potatoe famine in Ireland. Whether that was my own life or if it was tuning in to the collective consciousness is not the point. The point seems to be that we are all in this ocean of emotion together. My task is to sort out my own crossed currents so that I can be more vibrant and radiant...and have a positive experience which in turn effects others all around me.

Catalyst definition:

A substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction, without being consumed or produced by the reaction. ...
www1.eere.energy.gov/biomass/student_glossary.html

A catalyst is a compound or element that can increase the rate of a chemical reaction. Catalysts can lower activation energy of a reaction to help a reaction proceed faster and with less energy.

MORE INFORMATION: Enzymes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home