Communitythreads

Friday, July 3, 2009

Fulcrum

Thursday:
Full of energy and life force today. The best thing I could have done Tuesday when I was down was to be with my grandkids.

Dream 1:
D drove up in a car with three people in the back seat. I was happy to greet him and even more happy that the three people in the back seat were personal friends of mine. In the dream I sensed the synchronicity of this. We were at an event that was announced as one thing but turned into something else. A few people gathered as I tried to explain the change. As more people filled in D handed me the microphone. As I spoke through it I questioned the amplification...wanting to make sure I was being heard.

Dream 2:
With a man having a discussion. I interrupt him...don't let him talk...something is coming up for me and I have to speak. My eyes are closed and I speak what I see: one line with opposite ends. Center point wants to make a point.

This morning when I awoke I considered the dreams and asked about center point. I got the word "fulcrum".

I will volunteer at Seafair Pow Wow at Daybreak Star. I want to be with Native brothers and sisters.

I've thought about snakes as I ride my bike along the river trail. When I was young there were many snakes basking on the road. Today I saw something odd in my path thinking it was a dark rope but it wiggled in serpentine motion. I stopped my bike to make sure it got to the other side safely. I always acknowledge Goddess when I come across snake.

More trees means...more birds! Today along the trail I stopped at some poplars to listen to the birds' songs. One bird "beeped" his way toward me and when he landed on a branch he bobbed up and down. I named him Beeping Bob. The yellow birds are here: goldfinch and the one with the black mask whose name I cannot remember. I'll look these birds up in my books. Here at the library recently I reconnected with someone who teaches bird language.




Definitions of fulcrum on the Web:

the pivot about which a lever turns
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Fulcrum is a drumming term. Traditionally, the fulcrum is said to denote the part of a percussionist's grip that is the main lever for the drumstick/mallet to rotate. This is usually created by the thumb + index finger, the thumb + middle finger, or a combination of the index,middle, and thumb.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulcrum_(drumming)

A mass of billions of stars clustered together in a group.
www.macmillanmh.com/science/2008/student/na/grade6/glossary/f.html

The pivot point of a lever.
www.operationsciencequest.com/science/2008/student/na/grade5/glossary/f.html

the support of point that a lever rests on when it is lifting something.
www.curriki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Coll_cabocesmst/MeasuringGlossary

a plane surface inclined at less than a right angle to a horizontal surface, used to roll or slide a load up or down.
www.teach-nology.com/worksheets/science/simpmach/quiz/

A support or point of support on which a string vibrates. This is typically on the bridge saddle or nut region.
www.professorstring.com/glossary.htm

the corneous body on which the base of the tubus, or sheath of the tongue, in the Hymenoptera, rests; it is "le pivot" of Reaumer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home