Communitythreads

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pulling/Pushing Voices

A couple of weeks ago I felt like signing up to volunteer for the Seafair Pow Wow. Last week I didn't feel like going so I had this push/pull going on.

Logic kicked in telling me to keep my comitment and that as a longtime professional volunteer coordinator I know the effect of those who don't follow through.

Driving to the site I realized this was an opportunity to help set the tone and once I was there to set up bleachers I knew the significance of that sacred space. I was setting the stage for thousands of dancing feet -- from all tribes.

It's so interesting how the body steers one in a direction without the mind knowing why. There are so many voices going on within one body and they change moment by moment. Logic supports the whole body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home