Communitythreads

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Aloha

At our monthly SVA meeting and potluck we watched Juliette of the Herbs. A fascinating woman who lived with the gypsies and who healed animals and people with plants. I watched her pick a bouquet of plant leaves from her garden and eat it with her lunch. So, I nibbled on my nasturtium, violet, basil, mint and dandelion and...my stomach was happy with me! It helps to have this education via visual mentoring.

I was clearing the 6' thistles from the Heritage Garden circle and in the South section found a bird's nest! I then saw the eggs: a cracked blue one, another yellow and intact and another white and heavy. When the yellow and white one fell into each other there was a loud CRACK! The yellow one had cracked and opened with oozing liquid. There was something substantial inside but I didn't want to inspect it. Very stinky!! The white rock-like egg was still intact and heavy. I buried them all in the dirt that was dark and rich after two days of rain. This morning I feel a new grounded connection with that circle garden because of this encounter impressing on me how Nature provides opportunities of enchantment that our tech world cannot.

"Aloha" has been an incoming greeting the past few weeks. First from Hank and Jill then from a woman at the Monterey Boys and Girls Club who responded to my email regarding Circle of Life Class: "Aloha, Trish, This looks awesome! I love Native American teaching/wisdom." And yesterday I heard my new Native American friend extend an "Aloha" greeting. No doubt Aloha holds soft edges of lacy love. Why lacy?
Because love is porous -- it breathes water, air, earth and fire. Love is alive and dynamic -- whole, holy and healthy.

I've met a dynamic man via email. He's associated with Ground Zero Center for Nonviolent Action and will be participating in our International Day of Peace event at Bellevue College, Sept 21. This man's communication stands out because very few people are dynamic in their enthusiasm and gratitude. This man expresses both. Most people are...what? Sleeping? Depressed? Unaware? Unconscious? What does it take for people to wake up? More Aloha?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home