Communitythreads

Monday, November 16, 2009

Elders Storytelling Basket

I don't usually garden in the rain and wind but I'm on some sort of roll. I am pulling out "weeds" (no disrespect to the value of every plant) and mulching the outer and inner fence line of my circle garden. It seems so symbolic -- protecting sacred space -- by creating strong boundaries.

What a shift! As if the tide went out creating a void and then something new filling in! Like those huge waves after earthquake with inhale and then...powerful exhales. The radio show seemed to be a turning point as the next day life started to pick up momentum through new forms/matter.

During the Potlatch Fund grant writing session I kept getting the sensation that Circle of Life was like a basket. I spoke about it a couple of times. Circle of Life ~ A Storytelling Basket is being born.

I had lunch with Elders and not many were interested in filling out the needs assessment survey. I met with the Program Director to get her feedback regarding regarding my vision and action plans. Her first comment was there weren't enough people. I listened and accepted what she said. I saw myself letting go of this dream and doing some other work. I stayed grounded and at peace. I do trust the process and I do know how to turn without attachment. We kept talking and then...everything shifted. In five minutes she was handing out surveys and telling the Elder group that I was writing a grant and they could share their stories on radio and visit other tribes. She also mentioned that I was going to help create a garden as she had told me this was something they had wanted. So, what happened here? It's that positive and negative give and take. Everything went out the window at first -- there was a void. Okay. Then something filled in. Okay. This feels like the pattern 8. Must be that basket revealing its shape.

I am thriving on the language of UIATF initiatives and the wellness models on their website. I kept thinking about "capacity building" and how structure must be filled in first with spirit between people (via emotional intelligence and expression) before it moves to the next level of capacity. I found the perfect explanation of "capacity building" on the UIATF website.

The image coming through is an 8 with upward spiral and downward spiral. Which is positive and which is negative? It looks like they take turns! They shift positions! Center point is key -- a grounding pad. So, it's an ongoing motion of shifting polarities. The two are one. Maybe the turmoil will settle down now that this is seen in consciousness after it's been felt in body.

From United Indians of All Tribes website:

Capacity Building - Beyond service delivery, individuals and communities have a critical role to play in their own healing and development. Wellness and prosperity
cannot be delivered to people through programs, no matter how well conceived and
executed those programs may be. Development comes from within. Healing comes
from within. For this reason, a significant portion of the Foundation’s programs and
initiatives focus on building the capacities of individuals, families and communities
to address their own sustainable wellbeing and prosperity.


I resonate with indigenous thinking! I feel like I've found my people and my language. It's a language that uses images from right brain of body. It's a language that is integrated with Nature. This language WILL NOT be lost! This language will be RESURRECTED! The whole brain and body will LIVE AGAIN!! I'm feeling religious! We give birth to a new religion that includes male and female, left and right brain, positive and negative. How fun!! I take time to celebrate...by baking rolls for a Grange Thanksgiving dinner and cleaning house. How nurturing is that? VERY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home