Communitythreads

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Native Family & Coffee Party Time

I thanked some native friends this week. I "gifted" them which is not the same as going to a local store and purchasing something. I gifted dried red clover, beads, a beaded bracelet I made and candle. Native people appreciate gifts that are earth centered. I now keep an eye open for gifts for my native family.

I so enjoy spending time with the Singing Feet group at the Duwamish Longhouse. I drum and sometimes dance with the kids. Feels like family!

The Coffee Party was well attended. There's a 45th district caucus tomorrow and I will probably attend. The Coffee Party had a tone of "civility" to it and we talked about that tone consciously. There was a fluidity between the parts. A new spirit in the air. Someone asked what was next....I told them: A celebration Earth Day Concert with Dana Lyons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home