Communitythreads

Friday, March 5, 2010

Phone Tree Activation

A member of the City Council reached out asking for support. She is pro-environment. So, we activate a phone tree and ask for "official" letters to take with us to the City Council meeting next week to let them know that annexation of our valley is not going to be a slam dunk.

I will write one letter representing the Sammamish Valley Alliance. I would like to google "green/eco cities" and find examples for our local leaders. I would like to google "design standards" to find cities that value development, open space and small farms. I would like to google "planning commission" and find visionary leaders who are creating livable cities.

As the pace increases I get stressed. I prefer wide open spaces without a lot of pressure to get things done. I create that enough on my own...when I get involved in outside activities the pressure doubles/triples. I learn to breathe deeper and more often. I learn that I don't have to get the task done at one time. I learn to pace myself. And I tell myself not to volunteer for anything else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home