Communitythreads

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Evolutionary Leadership

I had no idea I'd be jumping in to another project...Evolutionary Leadership. It's proof again that one never knows what is around the bend...one simply bends as one sees!

I have some ideas for EL that follow. My challenge is how to engage and include my Native American Indian community. I guess the first step is to inform and invite.

I am seeing myself hosting EL conference calls at Soul Food Books and am asking them how that can be done. New adventures...



Evolutionary Leadership ideas:

1. Native American Indians as Evolutionary Leaders
2. Transition Initiatives (300 worldwide) as partners
3. Spiral Dancing as community celebration
4. Chanting as raising vibration
5. Love (Evol) Circles as head, heart, hands connection (local to global)

1. I see 11-1-11 as a multi-cultural event with rainbow colors, sounds and textures. I teach a class to Native American Indians in Washington State and will be inviting this community to participate in EL activities. American Indians are Evolutionary Leaders who can fill out an EL platform with vision, dream, art, music, dance, song, etc. Let’s honor them!

2. 300 worldwide Transition Initiatives are learning, teaching and acting on social aspects of permaculture. This grassroots movement speaks of the “evolving exploration of head, heart and hands…” Transition vision, language and work is Evolutionary Leadership. Let’s partner!

3. I attended Transition Whatcom (county) led by Bill Aal and Starhawk. Spiral dancing was a fun and effective way to express and celebrate community. Spiral dancing is Evolutionary Leadership. Let’s dance!

4. We chanted while dancing to Starhawk’s drumming. We chanted to “raise the cone of power” as pagans say and practice. Our conference calls could use “one voice” unification at the end. Let’s chant!

I am willing to help build these bridges and create linkages. A multi-cultural outreach, process and event reveals our diversity and means that we get to practice what we preach and walk our talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home