Communitythreads

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Love Thyself; Love Another

I plan to fast for one day again tomorrow. Last week it helped shift my cravings immediately as well as my pace. I have discovered that I cannot sleep at night with an empty stomach. Perhaps I could be one of those who say that I only need two or three hours of sleep a night. But I love to sleep! I love to leave this realm and time/dimension travel. So, I did choose to eat something in the evening. I’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Something new is going on with my physical body. I get tingling sensations down the right side of my cheek. Where my hands fall to my legs I feel discomfort which I translate as blockage. I may try acupuncture and herbs. I keep thinking this has to do with my blood so perhaps a blood test. Or perhaps it's about new pathways opening up in my new relationship with chi. All I know is my body is speaking.

The Complete System of Self-Healing has meridian meditations. I won’t be learning the 12 meridians but rather listening to my body and moving energy that way.

From the book:

Becoming consciously aware of the circulation of energy within the body will enable one to maintain a state of energy balance under any and all circumstances. Disease can only inhabit a body in which there is an erratic flow of energy along the meridians.

We need to learn to make our way around the inner world before we can learn to make our way around the universe. By practicing this method of meditation, one will learn how to unify the mind and the body in one’s personal microcosm. The it will be possible to “know” the universal macrocosm that lies beyond our apparent limitations, the goal that is attained when we have reached the Tao.


And thus the presence of two spirit teachers one oriental and one a yogi. I’m listening and changing old patterns and pathways to make way for the new around the bend.

I resigned from the radio program. Some people don’t get along with me and I don’t get along with some people. Sooner or later that truth comes forward into the light. What a relief to cut the final frazzled thread chord of a relationship that is sour. I take care of myself. I have boundaries. We read about love thy enemy in the Bible but where does it say to love oneself?

I see in writing that she said that I had threatened to resign 5 times in 9 months and didn't. Interesting, for me it was communicating my frustration 5 times. I allowed space in the relationship for alignment and cooperation to work out. Things didn't change and the thread was cut. How much space and time can one give a relationship? How long can one hold something that is sour? Love is trying and communicating and love is cutting the chord.

My family is in a whirlwind of emotion and conflict. Emotions are not expressed logically. (Reminding me of that chord where something solid wraps around something fluid. And something more subtle wraps around that.) People have negative feelings and get mad at one person or another because of something said/done or not said/done. How does a family learn to communicate lovingly through negative emotion? It all depends on the individual parts and their willingness to learn new pathways of communication.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home