Communitythreads

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fire of Resilience

Intuitively I opened one of Rob Hopkins posts from Transition Culture and learned more about Forest Gardens. I was happy to see that mint was part of that garden as I had harvested mine that afternoon. I also learned that soil is best left alone and not turned or dug up as to not disturb the critical fungi and the release of carbon dioxide. This is connection of dots via intuition. I always thought soil likes aeration and to be turned. No doubt those thoughts are part of the historical agricultural and farming framework. So, if Forest Garden thinking and doing was in the consciousness of our ancestors would we have entered the machine age that is now destroying our planet because of imbalanced use.

A couple of women in TW wanted to focus discussion groups around the book Beautiful and Abundant. I expressed that the group would not be a Transition group if we did not focus on Rob’s material. I feel loyal to Rob and know there is a lot of information, inspiration and tools in The Transition Handbook that we have not touched upon.

As we were discussing a book group at the Brunch meeting yesterday I expressed that I was more interested in Talking Circles where each one is an authority sharing what’s moving with them and that this allows for the “creative genius of community” something that comes straight from the handbook. The word “whoo whoo” came out of someone’s mouth in reference to using the term “talking circle.” She doesn’t want us to be too spiritual. And yet she and many of the people at the brunch attend church. My nerves didn’t flinch. My brain body did not react and I noticed this inner stability.

I do have some things to say in response to this “whoo whoo” comment and will include it on the next meeting agenda as Inclusion. I take this very personal but not from ego as some might interpret. I take this personal because of the lineage of indigenous, pagan, shaman and medicine people who lived close to the earth, honored the circle and who were discriminated against. It’s time for this pattern of exclusion to stop! It’s time to walk the talk of inclusion. I am response able to speak out on behalf of all who love what Circle represents. Speaking of…it’s time to promote my Circle of Life ~ Mapping One's Story book and class again now that I have more time.

Kundalini fire allows one to be resilient through sudden shocks and changes of a larger system. That fire is happiness known through simple living. For me this fire resounds in Nature that moves and breathes in circular rhythms.

Which reminds me: when my g-kids and I went bike riding in the Orting Valley I was stunned by the clear cuts and developments all along the plateau. Those developers are criminals. This mentality of paving over Mother Earth is sick! Circulation needs open pores to engage with and move through. Those pores are pure green and blue not muddy grey and black. The choking of our homeland is in our hands as stewards…how do we learn new behavior patterns? Through open pores!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home