Communitythreads

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summertime and the Livin' Is Easy

Summer Solstice 6/22
Rejection after rejection in the job market is deflating. Glad I have more to be identified with.

Told my daughter I was thinking about making some major changes in my life and was told that I was not to leave town as she needs help with Raelee our new baby due July. So, I decided to dip into savings some more and take the summer off. I let go and it provides more space for listening and Being.

Buttercup continues to be with me and I am learning. I continue to hold my ground that choking out strawberries and columbine and taking over is not okay. There are other ways of relating besides controlling one over the other. How do the parts of an eco-system co-operate in balance and health?

Summer Solstice Fire brought diverse community to the Heritage Garden. Transition has proven to be a catalyst for community building. We don’t have focus for a project(s) however. I saw on TV that Sustainable Seattle is promoting a Happy City and that they were dancing in City Hall! I could get into that here in Woodinville but we need a collective project -- I don’t want to work on a project alone.

My heart is in orbit with a distant star. It is fiery with sparks. A new star comes into my field with friendship, conversation and compatability. My heart is focused elsewhere. As I relate with this new star my path could change…I am aware of that possibility. What to do? I will be honest about my orbital patterns. Change is certain as each star follows their individual heart path. Such is unconditional love. This language reminds me of the NASA emergency alert that someone in Transition told me about: a comet has been triggering the natural disasters around our planet and its back around and even closer on 12/21/12 – the end of the world date. Supposedly this NASA alert to their employees is official. I have not researched it.

6/23
I awoke to daily assignments. I don’t need to find a job – a job is finding me. I have plenty to do here with the Grange, Transition, Sammamish Valley Alliance and my gardens. I want to work in this community to develop this community. It’s work I already love.

In the garden last night I met two new women, talked again to a man who accidentally walked in for our solstice fire and an Eagle Scout troop doing volunteer work. Not working elsewhere allows me to focus locally. It also means I get to be at the King County Fair with our Grange display. I find it comical the things that make me happy these days...I'm definitely a country girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home