Communitythreads

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cracking Open a New Myth


Where to begin?  So much has "cracked open." 


A couple of weeks ago I went to friends home for dinner.  Their home is like an ashram and I felt a strong vibe at my crown chakra as soon as I walked in.  Throughout the evening this vibration kept ebbing and flowing.  When I looked around the room I noticed pictures of Yogananda and realized I was in contact with him...again!  Before sleep I considered this presence and heard that I would no longer be "self-serving" but would be "serving others."  The self-serving aspect has to do with this blog...the serving aspect has to do with community in the world.  What this looks like is a mystery.  It does remind me of a butterfly emerging out of cocoon.


35+ years ago I was introduced to a particular passage in the Bible that has ebbed and flowed through my life.  It whispered to me a few days before I left town to attend Dr. Jean Houston's Salon.  The second day at Jean's it spoke again so I asked Jean if there was a Bible in the house.  We ended up at her laptop downloading some of the passages.  She kindly printed them out for me:


Job 38:1
Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3 Gird up now thy loins like a man: for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.  4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?  declare, if thou hast understanding.  5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened?  or who laid the corner stone thereofL 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

(Edgar Cayce's Source often refer to the "morning stars' when relaying information about or to an individual.)

Job 38:31
Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades or loose the bands of Orion? 32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?  34 Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee?


When I participate in a "circle" (whether with Caroline Myss, Deepak Chopra, Gregg Braden, Wayne Dyer, Michael Beckwith, Jean Houston) that is intentional my posture is more upright, my breathing deeper, and my focus open/upward.  I am not in this posture in other circles. Perhaps I am like a battery receiving input.  At Jean's this input was astounding and I have more stories and images to share another day.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home