Communitythreads

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ears that See / Eyes that Hear

Cascade foothills. Hiking a trail with a wild edible plant class. I left early to walk back alone.
Eyes feasted on green life all arounnd. I looked down at the community of green and happy ferns spread out over the bank. I closed my eyes to listen to the re-sounding vibration. The interraction felt rounded, full. I asked, "What can I do to help you?" I was told, "Not to worry. We are okay. How can we help you?" I have yet to answer that question.

Do eyes hear and ears see? These "organs" feed each other (bounce off one another) when I'm in nature with ferns.

Organ definition:

a group of tissues that perform a specific function or group of functions

Examples of animal organs are heart, lungs, brain, eye, stomach, spleen, bones, pancreas, kidneys, liver, intestines, skin, urinary bladder and sex organs

Examples of plant organs are the roots, stems, leaves, flowers, seeds and fruits

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home