Communitythreads

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shangra-la

I almost forgot to ground this experience in writing. When I drove over to Wenatchee I noticed something very different. I was not drinking in the landscape like I've done so often in the past. My eyes were not feeding on the green. My feet in flowing river felt like an extension of those waters. It was as if I met the elements face to face -- on equal ground. The image that comes in is two different points meeting eye to eye so to speak. >< The whole experience with granite pillars, golden grass, blue oregon grape, mountain stream, salamanders, birds, pines, breezes, boulders, etc, etc was full but in a new way. I understand why spiritual beings become hermits and live alone in nature. There is oneness and resonance in nature that is not found in human society. Do we have time to change that? Do we have time to create shangra-la and utopia where people live as natural beings with the elements? The shape of this place is diamond like where lines meet and angles resonate. The colors are multi-dimensional in soft and sweet pastel hues. Subtle and profound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home