Communitythreads

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Grounded Conduits

Received the e-newsletter from Hank Wesselman and Jill Kuykendall:

LIFE IN PARADISE ...
We have now been back on-island for roughly 18 months and we are in the (slow) process of converting our former one acre farm into terraced gardens devoted to food production. If you think one acre is small, let us share that keeping up with the weeding on this lovely piece of land in the tropics is a hero's quest, and we are gonna be able to grow a lot of food on this land.

There is a growing activist community of farmers devoted to creating agricultural sustainability on our island. We are meeting these good folks and are slowly getting to know them. Our goal is to become self-sufficient and sustainable, so that we can eat off our land, with surplus to share with our neighbors, friends and co-conspirators. Jill's "kitchen" garden has created a great space for production and learning. Several farm tours, tropical gardening classes and indigenous plant acquisitions have expanded our knowledge and dirtied our hands. Our heads and hearts love it.

They, too, have their hands in the dirt. I'm realizing that humans are conduits (feedback loops) for earth and sky. Reading about hand and foot chakras I also realize that we need this earthy connection to recycle emotion especially grief. Working with the land and Her rhythms keeps us balanced as well as moves Her wounded places/spaces. Just as there are sacred places so are there places that hold darkness -- those ghosts and skeletons. Our Earth Mother's body and our human bodies are similar.

I would love to go on a cruise to Alaska with Carolyn Myss and Wayne Dyer and go to Egypt with Hank and Jill. Not using credit cards limits my activity. How does one choose? Planning ahead is not easy when one lives in the moment. I want to go many directions. So I stay still.

Feeling light headed and unfocused at work. Difficult to think. I think about retirement and not having to rush around in the mornings and sit at a desk most of the day. I think about working half-time. And yet I am very grateful for my job and all my associates.

I'm losing my appetite and have to remind myself to drink water since it may help the light headedness. I am definitely losing that strong magnetic line with sweets. That ice cream is not loud anymore...it lost it's voice. And yet I know I can have some when I choose. I keep watch because I do know how old patterns creep back in.

I have a 7 AM talk this morning. My head feels like it's on my shoulders this morning so perhaps I will be able to think on my feet. I had this dream about being high looking down on the ground with rocks. I needed to jump down and did not hesitate. I knew how to ground!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home