Communitythreads

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan

Author Geneen Roth is amazingly honest about her feelings. She is gutsy. Obsession with food plays out in relationships. She gets to the core of the matter. We settle for empty food and empty relationships. Feelings must be honored, listened to. They are there for a reason. And they can be unravelled and re-wired in a more healthy alignment. One does have to go through the pain and not everyone is able/willing to go there.

I continue to watch what, how, when, why, how much I eat. I continue in awareness without going into tailspins. I am integrating more logic...my very own inner male partner. I am lighter and cleaner and not afraid. It's new territory and though sometimes a part of me wants to turn back I stay centered which is movement forward.

That tingle under eye continues. It reminds me of the tingling I had at the top of my head years ago. Some part of body awakening. Body is talking to me more these days. For years I've been sleeping with a bucky pillow that fits snuggly around neck. This week I noticed how uncomfortable it was and am using a regular pillow again. My shoulder is not aching when I wake up. What an odd effect of head, neck, shoulder connection. I'm wanting to sit in front of a fire. I don't have a fireplace and I don't have family or friends who have one I can babysit. I do know a firepit in the valley. Maybe that's where I can sit and stare and be very cozy and warm. I listen to body and it has new requests. Perhaps I'll take my drum.

I am surprised to find myself listening to more talk shows on public radio than listening to music. I used to prefer to bliss out and now I seem to want to be more grounded in issues and this world. Heard Michael Pollan on NPR. He wrote In Defense of Food and an open letter to the president elect about food policy. He is brilliant! I like his idea of having a Farmer in Chief at the White House. His image of 5 acres being a vegetable garden and the president and his family weeding it regularly could be such a great role model. I am enjoying listening to talks from people with creative and wholistic ideas. It must be a new source of nourishment for this body.

Although I prefer staying warm and cozy body wants to go bike riding in the dark and cold. I will bundle up and it will be cozy. I like taking better care of mySelf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home