Communitythreads

Friday, April 17, 2009

Earth Day Honors

I read two of my poems at open mic at a local bookstore/coffee house. Before it was my turn I felt this surge of panic in my solar plexus/stomach. I wondered if my nerves would hold. I called on my spirited life support system and aligned my chakras. When it was my turn I was grounded. I honored Mother Earth and Earth Day with Equal Rights for Mother Earth and the following:

Her Story (Herstory)

Mother Earth turns
a day begins
Mother Earth cries
a flood moves
Mother Earth shrugs
a valley carved
Mother Earth fumes
a mountain grows
Mother Earth shifts
a season awakes
Mother Earth blinks
a civilization gone
Mother Earth flies
an orbit patterned
Mother Earth spins
a galaxy danced
Mother Earth loves
life is born
Mother Earth turns
a day is done

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home