Communitythreads

Friday, July 17, 2009

Green Space

Development is encroaching our small farms here in the valley. Those folks don't have funds for attorneys and they don't know the political landscape. I'm ready to make signs and picket but it may be too late. I was hoping the economic downturn would have changed the madness around more and bigger is better.

Mother Earth cannot breathe. Who at City Hall and the Chamber of Commerce could get that? Guess I need to learn to speak their language to get my points across...or at least try. Some of us valley agricultural folks are getting informed and united.

This is supposed to be an agri-tourism zone. It's starting to look and feel like another strip mall. Where's the creativity and imagination for our towns and cities?
Green values must include green space and open fields where soil can breathe.

Maybe I'll do some research so I can make a speech!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home