Communitythreads

Monday, October 26, 2009

Canyon Road Brick Wall

Earth turns to greet sun morning, noon, evening and night. A love affair of cosmic proportions.

Dark forces close in both near and far. Light wraps around (emoting Love) revealing Truth.

Made chicken soup for sick grandkids. I had the impulse to visit mom and dad's grave sites which is very unusual because that's not where my parents' are. As I was driving there waves of emotion rose up and I rode those currents letting them wash over me. I later asked about this emotion and determined it had to do with loss -- loss of two people whom I never really knew because they never shared their feelings.

At the grave site I had no emotion which surprised me. Driving back home I decided to drive past our old house that six of us siblings grew up in. I drove by and noticed that no one lived there...that it looked abandoned. I turned around and drove up the driveway. I took a picture of the rock wall steps dad built so many years ago. I went into the garage and house. There's trash in every room and in the overgrown back yard. I took a picture of the tree still standing. I noticed paths in the grass leading to the back sheds. I heard a noise. Someone was back there! I thought i better leave. No! I was not leaving. I wanted to go into the woods I loved as a child -- woods with anthills, camps and tree house.

I didn't feel in danger so I walked to the back past walls of overhanging shrubs. I saw a jeep and a man. I said hello loudly and asked him if he lived there. NO. I asked him if he knew who owned the property. No. His eyes were glazed over. Another man stepped out of the shed dad built. He too was high on something. I told them I had grown up there and was taking some photos. I went into the back woods and said hello to the land. I walked next door and took pictures of the old red barn now caving in and old man Jack's house now swallowed up by greenery. Several of the firs lined up along the property line still stood. I took the picture. It's a matter of time before this property is turned under and some business or strip mall built up. Canyon Road has lost its beauty. It would be so cool if they would create a park on this remaining land. In my dreams!!

I'm calling the county sheriff today and reporting the men who are probably using the place for meth. Will I be in trouble for trespassing?

This morning I wondered if my parents called me back to our house or if it was the land. One is bombarded by impulses moment by moment. Which ones do we listen to? Which ones do we act upon? And where do those choices lead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home