Communitythreads

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We The People Unite

The "Tree" yoga pose is good for grounding, ankles and balance. My body loves it.

I have a language/communication pattern I want to change. It happens when I am charged with positive energy and get out of the moment. I say that I will do this or that in the future. I feel so connected that what I say feels to be true. However, the future depends on others and what I say I will do or what is going to happen doesn't. This is an opportunity for me to embrace more logic during these emotional highs. I will try to remember!!

I am buzzing from local farm to garden to nursery to business here in my valley. People are signing the statement. One farmer commented that they have to cut the budget somewhere. Excuse me! Agriculture will not go down without a collective voice in its support. Some of us know that our survival at all levels wraps around a wholesome food system....one from the rich brown soil up! Not sure why I'm becoming an activist around farms and food. I keep waiting for a major system to break down and I see us living more close to the earth. Is that "in the moment" language and is it true? It's what I sense...

Here is the final statement that people are signing off on. I hope I have the chance to voice this tomorrow night in Redmond. I love to speak of that which moves me!


To King County Council:

We, the people of Sammamish Valley, unite and raise a collective voice in support of agricultural lands and programs. We are local farmers, gardeners, families, consumers, businesses, artists, poets and writers who support a wholesome food system that nourishes the land and the people. We are proud that Sammamish Valley is one of the ten most fertile farmlands in the United States.

We, the people of Sammamish Valley, unite and request that our valley and agricultural values be supported at this time of environmental crisis, health risks and economic challenges.

Our food system sustains more than our bodies. For many of us working the land is a spiritual experience—one that sustains our souls. Agricultural lands and programs deserve top funding priority as they provide nourishment for body, mind and spirit; a safety net for feeding the people in times of crisis; business opportunities; and a way for children to develop a relationship with Nature and her natural beauty through rhythms of seasons and cycles.

Through vision, we the people of Sammamish Valley, see agricultural lands and programs as a critical part of our local community and global family. Through action, we ask that you support a whole system that must include a healthy agricultural foundation on which all life can thrive.

Respectfully submitted,

Ms. Trish Knox
Sammamish Valley Grange
Sammamish Valley Alliance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home