Communitythreads

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Window Dynamics

She continues to tell me, "That won't work." She is analytical and I am intuitive. I suggested we have different styles. She defensive telling me to read this and that so I would know the facts; me with bottons pushed. After some firm self-talk-- masculine logic to feminine feelings--I determined to disengage from her.

Then I had a dream about dancing with a man. Arm in arm we spun and whirled: exhilarating tension. The dream then went into dramas of relationship tensions...that get rather boring even when the characters/sets vary. That spinning dance will never get boring!

I woke up and scanned that "window" of my world. It seems to be like a crystal ball that I look into for information. I thought of this woman and to my surprise there were no buttons being pushed. My emotional waters were still. I figured that self-talk really worked!

She emailed again. I had determined not to engage but my body started to write to her about how my process is different: I don't have an agenda; I'm not trying to change people's minds; I see creative possibilities. It's good to articulate my "political" style so that people can understand me...or maybe so that I can understand myself.

Then I noticed how a negative thought was spinning out and how it was "caught" and thrown back for readjustment. Seems to be "guard rails" of some sort that send an alarm when my chemistry crosses a line. I love being able to sense this dynamic that has to do with that window. It's all new!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home