Communitythreads

Thursday, March 13, 2014

S/He Dragon Birth Announcement





I take time to honor Owl, with me yesterday in Seattle forest as sun set while I finalized the draft of my book proposal:

From Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams and David Carson


  • ·         Owl medicine is symbolically associated with clairvoyance, astral projection and magic, both black and white

  • ·        Owl can see in the dark, it can also accurately pinpoint and identify any sound

  • ·         Owl is oftentimes the medicine of sorcerers and witches

  • ·         Owl can see that which others cannot, which is the essence of true wisdom

  • ·         Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom, had a companion Owl on her shoulder…lighting up her blind side, enabling her to speak the whole truth, as opposed to only a half truth

  • ·         truth always brings further enlightenment

  

Birth Announcement of S/He Dragon

I never imagined I would find my wings. No one even told me I had wings! But there they were tingling at my shoulder blades with a mystical Dragon attached, breathing intuitive fire of Sacred Feminine, grounding detailed logic of Sacred Masculine, and flying me multi-dimensionally into other realms. This may sound like fantasy or science-fiction, but it is reality. I know. This is my story. By telling it perhaps others will choose to find their wings.


S/He Dragon ~ how I found my wings is my 40-year journey told through spiritual and worldly events/dramas, spiritual teachings, short stories, blog entries and a prayer. Emotional, rhythmic poetry is included with linear prose to stimulate both left and right brain hemispheres of the reader. This enhances the Sacred Feminine and Masculine story lines in the book and provides the reader direct experience of whole-brain knowing. The Journal of Consciousness Studies reports that the brain responds differently to poetry and prose, and they “…found evidence that poetry activates brain regions associated with introspection.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home