Communitythreads

Sunday, November 20, 2011

One Mirror Many Mirrors

I was angry twice last week. Both times sitting next to women. Both times these women felt like ice – one an ice wall and the other two icicle daggers. I noticed how anger moved in my body. It was hot and consuming. It had nowhere to go as I didn’t express it. Where does that anger live now?

When I am happy energy circulates outward through my whole system. Where does that happiness live now? Emotions are signals that detect the status and health of relationship. They are indicators in our personal and planetary system.

I attended a SCALLOPS meeting (Sustainable Cities All Over Puget Sound) in Seattle on Saturday. SCALLOPS is comprised of 69 Sustainable and Transition groups. I was surprised at the dark clouds that consumed me when I walked into the room. Was it the space, my chemistry or some of the people? Transition has a Heart and Soul component that gives attention to the quality of individual expression and our relationships. SCALLOPS does not have this component in the same deliberate and upfront way. Could this make that much difference?

I offered Transition Woodinville as host for the next SCALLOPS meet up on the Eastside and am now able to plug in to an efficient communication system. I was given all the contact information I need to reach out and invite other city groups to participate. In a collective SCALLOPS email I noticed that Transition wasn’t mentioned in association with my name…in fact it wasn’t mentioned at all. I asked for that to change. It seems like a little thing but it is huge to me. It’s about inclusion and honoring the individual parts. I will not support egos or play politics. And as I say that I have to check in with myself and watch if I do walk my talk.

What is mirrored in the whole is a reflective picture of what is transpiring in the parts. This holographic feedback reveals national dramas of men treating women and young boys as sex objects. This is a serious illness. It’s time for men to change their patterns of denial to honesty and distortion to clarity. It’s time to cleane and shine up our one mirror of many mirrors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home