Communitythreads

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Middle Earth

At my birthday get together my friend Mishal was saying that she wants to start a chant circle, a kirtan. The three men expressed interest in playing music. One said that he had a didjeridoo another wanted to play the harmonium…………. I was conscious of observing a new community activity being born. A birthday gift I received with gratitude.

At Dana’s concert in Olympia there were tapestries on the wall behind the stage. One was brown in tones and designs the other black and white. These patterns kept shape shifting into wolves. Dana is also wolf like.

I noticed three different levels of e-motional expression at the concert. One was unconscious, unfiltered void of grid lines. Loving e-motion moved spontaneously from this core space in response to relationship and it surprised me. Another level was subconscious holding e-motion that moved in response to /through my own fears and insecurities. A grid is here with lines holding dark shadows. Another level was conscious action through deliberate choice based in love and gratitude. The grid here is aligned with underground e-motion of negative, open space…like pores. Are these three levels of expressions aligned with lower earth, middle earth and upper earth? I think of RJ Stewart…I have notes from one of his workshops somewhere.

There was a reverberating resonance at the concert. I wondered at it. Where was it coming from? Was it my connection with Dana? Was it the community of like-minded people? Was it the Occupy movement across the street? Was it the activity of three levels of psyche playing out on this stage called Life? Was it all of the above? This resonance is sweet, tranquil and….overarching.

What comes through here and now are the words Communion, Communication, Community. Words hold negative space and positive grid lines. They are symbols that give us language and their intent is to create connection.

I opened the blinds and saw a dragon fly insect reminding me of a scene from Lord of the Rings where this type of insect was a messenger. Flying ones, four legged ones, swimming ones, crawling ones are allies transcending all three levels. When we re-member those missing parts of One-Self we connect with these allies. My wolves remind me of angels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home