Communitythreads

Monday, November 26, 2012

Happiness in Process



I met with the Director of our Chamber of Commerce last week.  He watched the film Measure of Happiness.  His first response was that he doesn't want government doing the driving.  I asked if the Chamber would like to drive the Woodinville Happiness Initiative.  He was ready with the usual constraints: lack of staff and budget.  He suggested I contact Cascadia Community College and UW Bothell.  He also offered a tent space at the Celebrate Woodinville event in August 2013 for Happiness and Transition.  Time will tell if there are enough engaged people in this community to warrant those spaces. In the meantime I'm meeting with John De Graaf as he has ideas for contacts at UW Bothell.

I'm thinking about reprinting Circle of Life booklet (hiring a friend to edit as it feels choppy) and am interested in teaching this class again in Hawaii as a friend now lives there. Turtle calling!  She really "got" what the class is about when she invited me to Cascadia -- she is an artist and goddess.

I hold several threads and am letting them weave loosely...which means I am not driving this process and am letting it unfold through others.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home