Communitythreads

Friday, July 19, 2013

Owl Dance & Meditation as Medicine




Randy Lewis, Collville Confederated Tribes, informed his FB friends that there would be an Owl Dance at the Seafair Pow Wow tomorrow...I would have loved to have seen this but I made other plans. Will Pow Wow Sunday. 

Here is a youtube of Owl Dance.




<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Kx8aVEwo53M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got so much done yesterday and my thumb is scolding me today.  I'm supposed to start meditating for my health and well being.  I confess I have been too busy to meditate.  Not sure when I got too busy.  My first mediation nearly 40 years ago brought a visitation from Archangel Michael...so why am I not meditating?

This morning as I was driving my client to the bank I was thinking about what I'd make for his lunch and what I'd have for lunch.  The thought came in:  Instead of thinking "when is my next meal?" start thinking "when is my next meditation?" This thought grabbed onto something in my brain reminding me of a poem I wrote years ago.  I did meditate this afternoon which helped me relax.  I am considering meditating 3x a day as a focus to take food off the top of my most favorite things to do list.

I have joined Davidji's meditation community so I will be supported.

Meditation as medicine
Open the mind and swallow
12/96

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home