Communitythreads

Monday, August 19, 2013

Alpha High


Skalitude Retreat Center ~ Home of the Fairy and Human Relations Congress


After the Flute Quest I had difficulty driving home.  My head was "high" and not grounded.  Thankfully my friends assisted.  I used to think this spaceyness was due to my weaker left brain but now I am thinking it has to do with brainwaves.  So, how do I shift back into Beta after being in Alpha and even Theta? Perhaps I need a "designated" driver.

I woke up this morning (I read that sleep and meditation is Alpha brain wave) with a new chapter for my book...one I had not considered. And soon after I was feeling mom's presence. It's interesting this chapter, Circle of Life, is about my mom and how her death and funeral inspired me to tell her story using the medicine wheel which then inspired me to create an opportunity for others--especially Native Elders--to tell their stories via colorful mandalas.

I now have 30 short chapters and am eager to get some feedback as to what will work out of the smorgasbord of topics and writing styles. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home