Communitythreads

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November & Allies

More time now to curl up and read. I grabbed Herbal Rituals off my bookshelf last night. Author is Judith Berger.

November (Chapter 1)
As a wildcrafter, one who seeks out the plants on their home ground, respectfully gathering them for food and medicient, my very fingertips are in physical touch with November's gifts of coldness and death.

Harvesting in November brings one into conscious contact with a retreating, somewhat unyielding earth.... The hardening ground requires that I increase my labor if I am to pull roots from her body, for she has contracted, clasping with passionate force tubers, corms, and rhizomes close to her breast, where an invisible, underground heart pumps warm life into the roots of plants and trees all winter long.

According to the Celtic calendar, November is the first lunar month and belongs to the birch tree, the tree of beginnings. I find it important that the beginning time is situated at a moment when nature has ceased any outward signs of growth and has p;unged its vitality underground. From nature's rhythms I learn that beginnings exten their tethers from an invisible cord or seed that germinates best in the ground of dormancy and otherworldly visions which accompanies this month.

I had time to drum this morning. My intention is to do this more often and ask for support regarding boundaries with food issues. Last week I had an emotional day and everything collapsed. It's taken me until today to get back to center. There seems to be a threshold of some sort reminding me of a muscle that needs working in order for it to stretch further, reach further. It's also as if the old and new pattern are doing a tug-of-war. When I drum I listen and let whatever wants to come up and forward the space to do so. I've been aware of a boundary circle of protection around me. This morning white whispy beings that looked like elongated chords grounded into circle border with an O. Other beings popped in as well. I drew this on paper and once again it looks like sun rays extending around a circle.

Letting go of old relationship with food requires constant awareness and intelligent choice. My emotion and logic can work together and create harmony in this habitat called Trish. I'm like a child learning to walk in new terrain...I will run and then fly. My body gets so mad at me when I eat the wrong foods, in the wrong way, at the wrong time, for the wrong reason.... I'm grateful to have allies of Light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home