Communitythreads

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Rainbow and Easter Lily

The sky lit up as I was stuffing bubble mailers with The Great Salish Sea CDs to send to Rob Hopkins and Mark Watson at Transition offices in the United Kingdom. I went outside to absorb the glow and saw the down pour of rain. I knew there must be a rainbow. Sure enough! In the East, arcing South/North, was a double rainbow. I light up with joy when elements/ elementals and my life align.

I am experiencing a new relationship with food. No longer engaging in the “good/bad” judgment, I am not experiencing the habitual blame and shame. I am totally enjoying food and eating more of it. At my nanny job we were watching The Never Ending Story and eating popcorn. When I was serving my second bowl caught sight of a phantom witch (orange scraggy edges) move through me, behind to the front. My immediate thought was this is the one holding me back. “Is this my Shadow Self,” I wondered. 

Days later: Once again my body is acidic/toxic and I ask, “How many times do I have to go through this cycle?” The answer came in, “As many times as it takes.” This brought up a feeling of victory. I am held in Light and Dark; I hold Light and Dark. Through personal cycles I keep moving forward. It might appear that I am getting nowhere. I see beyond appearances knowing many new healthy patterns are now in place. Dark and Light learn to cooperate and negotiate in accord rather than discord. What does this look like? New consciousness? New embodiment? New DNA? Yes!

I know a family that is oversexed. I cannot say too much or I will be banished. It is a tightrope walk. I hope to have a heart to heart soon. I was oversexed (my physical body was my identity) until age 25. Then I hit bottom. I tell this story in S/He Dragon as being born into a world brainwashed in red and orange frequencies. I was an 8-cylinder vehicle functioning on two cylinders—red and orange. If we are to survive human identity must be lifted to include the full rainbow spectrum held in white Light and black Matter. Matter resists enlightenment. However, it’s evolving nature points (is oriented toward Sun) that direction. New consciousness? New embodiment? New DNA? Yes!



The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred Objects  ~ Barbara G. Walker
          
Lily

The so called Easter Lily was once the floral emblem of the Goddess Juno             in her virgin aspect, and of the spring Goddess who was her northern       counterpart, Eostre, whose name gave us “Easter.” Worshippers of the   Great Goddess insisted the that the lily sprang from Juno’s milk; Roman      Christians naturally reassigned the honor to the milk of Mary.

The lily took over in Europe the role assigned to the lotus in Oriental sexual symbolism. That is, it became the female “cup” holding the divine           essence of life. In fact, the Christian chalice (cup) was derived from the calyx (cup) of the lily flower. In the Middle East, the lily was sacred to Astarte, who also bore the name of Lilith (the lily), from the Sumero-Babylonian lilu, a lotus. 

The lily was always a symbol of the miraculous impregnation of the virgin   Goddess. The “Blessed Virgin Juno” conceived Mars with it; so of course the Blessed Virgin Mary followed suit. The difference between the pagan and Christian stories was that in the latter, the lily appeared in a male    hand, that of Gabriel, whose name means “divine husband.

Angel Gabriel came to me twice as female. I suspect Angels are both male and female and can come into our stories of awareness as either. It is interesting that sexuality in pagan Goddess religion was different than sexuality of today. For example, I heard that Hooters is opening several restaurants in Russia. This doesn’t hold the same “story” as the one of Lily. One holds Woman as sacred, the other holds Woman as an object. We have lost Goddess in our modern day story. Let’s honor sexuality at a new level that is both primal and divine? New consciousness? New embodiment? New DNA? Yes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home